Friday, August 3, 2007

Do you know how long forever is? Are you sure?

My first job out of college was at a state psychiatric hospital. My college sweetheart had just gotten a job there on the Maximum Security Unit, or MSU as it was known and we married. While the marriage was much shorter than my college career, our time there did give me the chance to not only experience first hand the MSU ward, but also to hear stories each night about the patients.

So, it is from a perspective of a comparatively small population pool, i.e., one that has had some first hand experiential exposure to a criminal psychiatric unit that I took interest in the results Dr. Len achieved using Ho’oponopono. The description in Zero Limits by the social worker who worked on the ward could have been duplicated for any facility like it in the United States and any other hospital name could have been inserted with absolutely no differentiation.

Because of my experience, I could not and would not begin to discount the extraordinary results Dr. Len achieved. Trust me; you have to have walked onto a ward like that to really, truly understand what it was like. There was no Dr. Len at our MSU.

This morning I took a walk and repeatedly stated, “I love you. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.” And, like a meditation exercise, the result was that I smiled deeply and felt a peace.

I guess my thoughts on Zero Limits and the message contained in it goes back to the Aboriginals I posted before this one, to the messages of Jesus and to the message even Joe Vitale presented in The Secret.

As is mentioned in Zero Limits, we only take in something like 15 bits of information while there are 15 million coming at us. In other words, we can miss a few things or get it wrong because we don’t get all the information to which we are exposed.

While I have never met Joe and never spoken to him, it is my impression that he was somewhat taken aback by what I interpreted as a widespread misconception about his comments in The Secret. Many heard him say think about what you want using the Law of Attraction, but no one seemed to hear him say, “But take action!”. Even though clearly, he said exactly that. But people heard what they wanted to hear. Their fifteen bits of information they took in missed about 14,999,985.

Books, no libraries of books have been written about how misconstrued and taken out of context are the teachings of Jesus. I am not a theologian so pardon me while I hop over that bottomless pit of debate. But, the point is, people hear what they want to hear and are all operating from their own idiosyncranicities. No matter how pure the message, it can and usually does get obscured as we filter it using our alloted 15 bits of intake through the sieve of whatever connectedness or lack thereof, we possess.

Ah, but how does this relate to the Aboriginals and what is my point? Well, first of all, I wrote The Step by Step Action Guide because I thought I saw people concentrating on attracting without the tools in place to take action. And further, without the tools to take action that was inspired, joyous, healthy and not driven. I thought I saw a need. So, I addressed it because of my own personal experience. Also, I think the Aboriginals get “it” and have gotten “it” longer than eastern, western and mid-eastern cultures have been in existence.

The Aboriginals wake up every morning, face the rising sun and give thanks. They ask, if it is in the highest and best good for all, that plants or animals or both present themselves as nourishment to them. These sources of food present themselves willingly because of their connection to the Divine Oneness, although it is not their reason for being in existence. But, they present themselves to provide for the Aboriginals because all life is connected to the loving Divine Oneness and this connection has them present themselves as sustenance. And, in respect and in appreication the Aboriginals only take and eat what is absolutely needed. They will leave water behind for other animals rather than drink more than what they think is their right to drink.

They laughed at the Missionaries that taught them to pray and give thanks before each meal because they do this all day, every day and on a deeper level! A level that is in connection to the life that acts as the food.

They cannot comprehend the concept of only dreaming at night. They “dream” all day, with their eyes open. Some might call it, “I love you. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.”.

I think I have a tiny bit of understanding of what they meant when they looked deep into the eyes of Marlo Morgan and asked the question, “Do you really understand how long forever is?”. There is so much more to that question than an attempt at linear comprehension of time and space.

If you understand forever, you understand the Divine Oneness. You understand the Divine Oneness is in you because the Divine Oneness is in all things and therefore you are the Divine Oneness. Forever predates, from our understanding, creation and post dates everything else. And to know how long forever is, means you not only understand love, light and enlightenment, you allow yourself and others to know forever by being connected in the way of their choosing using their own free will to their understanding of Divine Oneness.

To me, Ho’oponopono is another way of connectedness to understand how long forever is. It is another form of meditation and it is opening our consciousness to the Divine that dwells within us, but is so often not only out of our awareness, but denied by us all together by our fears.

So, if it is for the highest and best good of all, I ask that the message of Ho’oponopono remain pure. If it is for the highest and best good of all, I ask that if it be misconstrued that it be minimal and that whether it is this way or other ways (because there is no single, one path) that everyone be allowed to “hear” it. And, most importantly that we all allow many paths for everyone within ourselves. To me, that will be the greatest challenge of the message presented in the book. Thank you.

Now, go take inspired, joyous, loving action using The Step by Step Action Guide.

No comments: